Summer’s coming quickly to a close and we’re approaching the final quarter of the year. Let’s make sure you’re up to date with what’s happening, so you can close the year out strong.
Five examples of highly targeted marketing campaigns, a day in the life of a product manager, how to avoid performance review mistakes, and more headline the top articles you need to read from the last week in order to stay on your ‘A’ game. We have you covered with five articles in six different topic areas from marketing to human resources, sales to design and product, and engineering and dev to a few others that stood out to us. Ready to find out what you missed this week? Let’s go.
- On G2’s Learning Hub, Connie Benton gives four different ways to leverage marketing automation to increase sales for your organization.
- Attest dives into five examples of relevant brands that have implemented highly targeted marketing campaigns and explains the details of the campaign and personas targeted.
- In order to stay competitive and ready in the recruiting marketplace, Michelle Garrett on Muck Rack’s blog provides seven actionable tips for PR pros so they can set themselves up for success in finding their next role.
- Learn how to avoid getting overwhelmed by machine learning in marketing by learning what is machine learning, finding a starting point, and implementing machine learning in your marketing stack on Epsilon’s blog.
- Optimizing for local SEO is easier than you think with tips from Redefine Marketing Group’s Mariah.
- Persistiq compiled a list of 28 influential sales leaders that all sales professionals should follow on social media.
- Matej Kukucka for G2’s Learning Hub shares an overview of sales tracking from defining the term, to creating a system that works for your clients, and identifying the right data to track.
- Stay up to date on happenings in the e-commerce world and learn how to boost your business by finding the five top e-commerce events of 2019 on Maria Keenan’s list on the Tito blog.
- On Pipedrive’s blog, follow how to use a mixture of bots and humans in your sales funnel in order to stay on top of trends in the industry.
- Learn the five top secrets of successful event sales and learn how to implement them into your event sales strategy in Dave Schneider’s article on Get Invited.
Design & Product
- Garrett Hughes for Unbounce identifies 15 high-converting landing pages and explains what unique part of each page helps lead to a higher rate of conversion for the organization.
- Discover what a day in the life of a product manager may look like including role responsibilities and challenges in Geri’s piece on Phrase.
- In Greg d’Aboville’s article on G2’s Learning Hub, you can find out why your web visitors despise your site pop-ups and what actions you can take in order to improve user experience.
- Lisa Hassell explores how leading illustrators and designers use their iPads for drawing and creation on Digital Arts’ blog.
- Abduzeedo showcases the simplicity of the brand identity and web design by Vik for ITO.
Development & Engineering
- Follow David Chopin’s eight easy steps to build a Slack bot using the Slack API in his article on the Tallyfy blog.
- The third part of Chris Penn’s series for trustinsights dives into how data-related AI failures contribute to the five ways your AI projects fail.
- Jerry Witkowicz explains the current state of blockchain technology in healthcare in his article for Irish Tech News.
- In his article on G2’s Learning Hub, Chris Ciligot gives advice on how to reduce app churn and five strategies for user engagement.
- Check out FX blog’s definitive checklist that you need to consider when making your accessible website.
- PageUp’s team implemented lean methodologies in order to optimize position description management and you can follow along their journey on their blog.
- Avoid and eliminate three major performance review mistakes with a talent management system as explained by Charles Harden’s article on G2’s Learning Hub.
- Ryan Kohler advises organizations to work hard to maintain their top performers if the organization has a high rate of employee turnover on ApplicantPro.
- Beth Kempton from Hireology provides human resource professionals advice on how to avoid job seeker frustration with your organization by using smart recruitment technology.
- In his article for Ceridian, Paul Jelinek explains four ways organizations can use salary benchmarking data across the company in order to attract and retain top talent.
- G2’s Content team participated in Owl Lab’s #WFHWeek. Follow our experiences from how to stay productive, top skills team managers need, challenges employees face, and more in our Work From Home Hub.
- The Hustle explains the fast-changing world of marketing through JPMorgan Chases’ decision to partner with an ad-writing machine.
- Jay Baer on Convince&Convert emphasizes how new research proves that customer experience is still underprioritized by organizations.
- Kelton Reid’s article on Copyblogger dives into why your procrastination might not be as bad and harmful to your productivity as you may think it is.
- Discover what a price vocabulary is and how it’s necessary for the retail world in Uptal Dholakia’s contributed piece to the Harvard Business Review.
Jessica spends 12 hours a day on the internet managing security for web assets and loves her macha tea