With Thanksgiving and Black Friday past, the holiday shopping season is upon us. Dive into the world of e-commerce and holiday marketing with this week’s G2sday Roundup.
The retail industry is abuzz this time of year. Consumers are shopping for gifts for everyone from their partners to their parents to even their coworkers. We’ve gathered 30 articles for you around e-commerce and holiday marketing so you can stay on top of your game.
Get ready to recap Black Friday, dive into social media marketing, learn more about customer experience, read about the holiday shopping news for this year, and explore e-commerce and retail trends. Make sure to check out the grab bag articles that caught our eye.
Black Friday Recap
- On RetailDive, Daphne Howland lists the “winners” and “losers” of Black Friday 2019.
- Dive into US Cyber Monday sales along with the record breaking numbers set by smartphones in Ingrid Lunden and Sarah Perez’s article on TechCrunch.
- For Forbes, Andria Cheng discusses the trends that are here to stay despite the rush from Black Friday and Cyber Monday being over.
- USA Today’s Dalvin Brown explores sales figures from online and in-store sales over the holiday weekend.
- Ready to get started in preparing for next year’s Black Friday? Harpreet Munjal provides seven tips for increasing Black Friday sales.
Social Media Marketing
- Reflect on your social media presence and marketing in our 2019 state of social media marketing report compiled by Claire Brenner.
- If you’re running promotions this holiday season, check out Sally Hendrick’s guide on Social Media Examiner on how to use Facebook ads to promote limited-time offers.
- Shuang Esther Shan gives 10 creative Instagram stories tips and ticks with step-by-step tutorials on Shopify.
- Shelby Brown provides readers with information on how marketers use social media FOMO to sell things on Cnet.
- Dive into the science behind the best Instagram bios and edit yours for the best presentation in Heather-Mae Pusztai’s piece on Buffer.
- On HubSpot, Jason Bordeaux defines customer experience and why it’s so important.
- Annie Berrones advises companies on how to create a great customer support experience during the holidays on Intercom.
- For G2’s Learning Hub, Vinod Janapala explains how to use customer experience to supercharge your sales.
- Keep an eye on 2020 with 11 customer experience trends to watch for from Sam Slatis on Core DNA.
- Fang Cheng argues that in order to provide a standout holiday customer experience, retailers need to start a conversation with customers on TotalRetail.
- Learn more about Google’s study on 2019 holiday shopping trends in Matt Southern’s contribution to Search Engine Journal.
- CNN’s Jordan Valinsky breaks down how Cyber Monday 2019 was the largest shopping day in Amazon’s history.
- Anastasija Rokunova gives six online holiday shopping trends for e-commerce sales success on G2’s Learning Hub.
- On her site, Ann Hadley shares a gift guide for marketers and writers for 2019.
- Find three holiday shopping trends retailers should expert in 2019 in Caila Schwartz’s article on SalesForce.
E-Commerce & Retail Trends
- The PushOwl team provides readers with the ultimate guide to driving high converting traffic to your shopify store through e-commerce content marketing.
- Not sure what to look for in e-commerce in 2020? Gayatri Bhaumik tries to debunk some future e-commerce trends upcoming on G2’s Learning Hub.
- The Queue-it team highlights five helpful tools that every successful online retailer should use.
- Explore Forbes’ 30 Under 30 for retail and e-commerce to meet the entrepreneurs that are changing the way that we shop.
- Discover what’s in store for the retail industry next year in Oliver Guy’s contribution to RetailWire.
- Read tips from five leaders on how to become a CEO in Devin Pickell’s article on G2’s Learning Hub.
- If you haven’t seen Baby Yoda yet, check out Anthony Breznican’s article on the pop culture phenomenon The Mandalorian on Vanity Fair.
- G2’s Robert Browne lists five ways to craft the best email subject lines for sales on Wishpond.
- On Orbit Media, Andy Crestodina shares how to write a blog post that ranks high in the SERPs.
- Organize your inbox and maximize your potential to close as the year ends with David Breshears’s tips on Outreach.
Missed a previous roundup? We have them here for you.
Jessica spends 12 hours a day on the internet managing security for web assets and loves her macha tea